The website www.notebook.school (“Website”) and application Notebook (“Application”) is owned and worked by ABJ Eduventures Private Limited (“Company”), a company incorporated under the laws of India, having its registered office at 611, Merlin Infinite, Kolkata, West Bengal, India, 700091 which is intended to support and facilitate in preparation of courses for different classes under various Boards listed on the Website/ Application/ Products (“Services”). The terms “we”, “us” and “our” refer to ABJ Eduventures Private Limited and our affiliates, websites and application. The term “you”, “your” refer to the user/ visitor/ subscriber of the Website and/ or Application through SD cards, tablets, cell phones and/ or any other transmitting/ storage devices.
This Website/ Application is offered to you conditioned upon your acceptance without modification of any/ all the terms, conditions and notices set forth below (collectively, the “Agreement”). By accessing or using this Website and/ or Application in any manner or registration (with or without payment/with or without subscription), you agree to be bound by the Agreement and represent that you have read and understood its terms. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, you must refrain from using the Website and Services. We reserve the right to alter, amend and modify these terms at any time without any prior notice. Any access to our Services/Application/products through registrations/subscription is non-transferable.
These Terms constitute an electronic record in accordance with the provisions of the Information Technology Act, 2000 and the Information Technology (Intermediaries guidelines) Rules, 2011 thereunder, as amended from time to time.
- 1. All information, contents, material, trademarks, services marks and trade secrets including but not limited to the software, text, images, graphics, video, script and audio, contained in the Application, Website and Services are proprietary property of the Company (“Proprietary Information”). No such Proprietary Information may be copied, downloaded, reproduced, modified, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted or distributed in any manner whatsoever without written consent from the Company and nothing on this Application or Website or Services shall be or products deemed to confer a license of or any other right, interest or title to or in any of the intellectual property rights belonging to the Company to the User. Certain contents on the Website/ Application may belong to third parties. Such contents have been reproduced in a lawful manner and after taking prior consent from said party and all rights relating to such content will remain with such third party. You are not permitted to use the same without the consent of the respective third party. We are not responsible for content on websites operated by parties other than us.
- 2. You shall not copy, modify, transmit, distribute or in any way exploit the Contents/ Services/ Products or any other copyrighted materials provided other than for your individual learning. Any other purpose is expressly prohibited under these terms. You shall also not permit anyone else to copy, use, modify, transmit, distribute or in any way exploit the Contents/ Services/ Products or any other copyrighted materials.
- 3. We provide the materials ‘as is’ and without any warranties, whether express or implied, except those that cannot be excluded under statute. We also do not warrant that the contents/ materials will be error free, including technical inaccuracies. Your use of our products, Website, Application and Services is solely for your personal and non-commercial use.
- 4. You shall not Impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent Your affiliation with a person or entity; Post, transmit or make available any material that contains viruses, trojan horses, worms, spyware or other computer programming routines, code, files or such other programs that may harm the Application/services, interests or rights of other users or limit the functionality of any computer software, hardware or telecommunications, or that may harvest or collect any data or personal information about other Users without their consent.
- 5. Your access or use the Application/Website/Services/products in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden or impair any of the Application’s/Website’s servers or the networks connected to any of the servers on which the Application/Website is hosted and/ or intentionally or unintentionally interfere with or disrupt the services or violate any applicable laws related to the access to or use of the Application/Website/Services/products and/ or disrupt or interfere with the security of, or otherwise cause harm to, the Application/Website/Services/products, materials, systems resources, or gain unauthorized access to user accounts, passwords, servers or networks connected to or accessible through the Application/Website/Services/products or any affiliated or linked sites are prohibited.
- 6. In the preparation of the Application/Website/Services/products and contents therein, every effort has been made to offer the most current, correct, and clearly expressed information possible. Nevertheless, inadvertent errors may occur. In particular, but without limiting anything here, the Company disclaims any responsibility for any errors and accuracy of the information that may be contained in the Application. Company also reserves the right and discretion to make any changes/corrections or withdraw/add contents at any time without notice.
- 7. This Website may contain links to websites operated by parties other than our’s. Such links are provided for your reference and convenience only. We do not control such websites and are not responsible for their contents or the privacy or other practices of such websites. Further, it is up to you to take precautions to ensure that whatever links you select or software you download (whether from this Website or other websites) is free of such items as viruses, worms, defects and other items of a destructive nature.
- 8. The contents of the Website/Application/Services/products are developed on the concepts covered in the structured curriculum syllabus prescribed for students of various courses. The usage of the Website/Application/Services is not endorsed as a substitution to the Textbooks, syllabus based education provided by the educational institutions but is intended to facilitate the same by explaining and presenting the concepts in a manner enabling easy understanding. The basic definitions and formulae of the subject matter would remain the same. Subscription to the Application or usage of our Services/Website/products does not in any manner guarantee passing of any exams or any specified percentage of marks in any examinations.
- 9. Certain contents in the Application/Services/Website/products may contain opinions and views. The Company makes no warranties or representations whatsoever regarding the quality, content, entirety, or adequacy of such information and data. We will not be responsible or liable for any content uploaded by Users directly on the Website, irrespective of whether We have certified any answer uploaded by the User. We would not be responsible to verify whether such questions/answers or contents placed by any User contain infringing materials or not.
- 10. We may, based on any form of access to the Application (including free download/trials) or Services or Website or registrations through any source whatsoever, contact the User through sms, email and call, to give information about our products as well as notifications on various important updates. The User expressly grants such permission to contact him/her through telephone, SMS, e-mail. By registering yourself, you agree to make your contact details available to Our employees, associates and partners so that you may be contacted for education information and promotions through telephone, SMS, email etc.
- 11. Access to certain elements of the Services including doubt clearance, mentoring services etc. may be subject to separate terms, conditions and fair usage policy. We reserve the right to extend, cancel, discontinue, prematurely withdraw or modify any of our Services at Our discretion.
- 12. Our products and / or Services, including the Application and content, are compatible only with certain devices/tablets/instruments/hardware and we shall not be obligated to provide workable products and / or services for any instruments that are not recognized by us. The company reserves the right to upgrade types of compatible devices as required from time to time. We shall not be liable in any manner for any loss or damage caused to any computer, cell phones, tablets or any other hardware and / or software and/or instrument, including loss of data or effect on the processing speed, resulting from your use of our products and Services.
- 13. It is your responsibility to ensure that you meet the system requirements, including compatible hardware, software, telecommunications equipment and Internet service, prior to purchasing any content. We are unable to provide refunds where your access to the Services/ Products is inhibited due to insufficient system requirements.
- 14. In order to access the Services and to avail the use of the Application/products, You shall be required to register yourself with the Application/Services/products, and maintain an account with the Application/Services/products. You will be required to furnish certain information and details, including Your name, mobile number, e-mail address, residential address, grade/class of the student, school name, payment information (credit/debit card details) if required, and any other information deemed necessary by the Application. It is Your responsibility to ensure that the account information provided by You is accurate and complete. You acknowledge that your ability to use your account is dependent upon external factors such as internet service providers and internet network availability and we cannot guarantee accessibility to the Application at all times. We shall not be liable to You for any damages arising from Your inability to log into Your account and access the services of the Application at any time.
- 15. Persons who are “competent/capable” of contracting within the meaning of the Indian Contract Act, 1872 shall be eligible to register for the Application and all Our products or Services. Minors are not eligible to register for Our products or Services. In the event a minor utilizes the Application/Website/Services, it is assumed that he/she has obtained the consent of the legal guardian or parents and such use is made available by the legal guardian or parents.
- 16. You agree to defend and indemnify the Company and its affiliates and any of their officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any and all claims, actions, demands, recoveries, losses, damages, fines, penalties or other costs and expenses of any kind or nature including but not limited to reasonable legal and accounting fees arising from: (i) Your use of and access of the Application/Website/Services; (ii) Your violation of any term of these Terms or any other policy of the Company; (iii) Your violation of any third party right, including without limitation, any copyright, property, or privacy right; or (iv) any claim that Your use of the Application/Website/Services has caused damage to a third party. This defence and indemnification obligation will survive these Terms.
- 17. Any violation by You of the terms of these terms may result in immediate suspension or termination of Your Accounts apart from any legal remedy that the Company can avail. In such instances, the Company may also disclose Your Account Information if required by any Governmental or legal authority. You understand that the violation of these Terms could also result in civil or criminal liability under applicable laws.
- 18. This Agreement is governed by the laws of India without regard to conflict of law principles. You hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the competent courts at Kolkata, India for all disputes arising out of or relating to the use of our Website/ Application/ Services/ Products.
- 19. PRICING AND PAYMENT We use third party payment providers, depending on the way in which you make payments – payment gateways. Payment for the Products must be made at the point of purchase.
You agree to provide payment for the Products in the stipulated currency and you will be liable to pay any relevant conversion charges, as well as applicable taxes in your region. Please note that we must receive your payment in full before providing you with access to the Services/ Products.
We reserve our right to review and change the pricing of any of our Services/ products. This will not affect products that have already been purchased.
- 20. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved. All prices are subject to change without notice.